s Stock Clerk
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 45 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and Renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 50 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company and one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
The Production team requires a Stock Clerk to work as part of our supply chain team and assist with various tasks. This is a role requiring someone who is extremely motivated, organized and can cope well under pressure. The ideal candidate will be responsible for inventory duties that include kitting, material handling, inspections, inventory reconciliations, serial number tracking, etc. and provide service excellence to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Kits, prepares, issue and receive materials for production
- Assists managing inventory, counts and reconciliation
- Loads and unloads materials deliveries and shipments
- Maintains serial number tracking process
- Maintains production and warehouse areas clean and organized
- Assists with packing and bracing
- Assists with drilling, cutting and other light mechanical hands-on duties to meet production demand
- Maintains and operates; forklift, crane and mechanical shop equipment
- Coordinates facilities maintenance
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 supplemented by APICs courses or three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- ERP, warehouse and inventory management experience and training
- Experience with best packing and material handling practices
- QHSE certifications and keen on safety protocols is an asset
- WHMIS, Forklift and Crane training are an asset
- Able to read and understand basic engineering drawings and use measuring devices for inspection purposes is an asset
- Physically fit and the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
- Experience using fixed and hand shop tools
- Attention to detail and high level of quality is required
- Accurate data entry and record keeping in windows-based software is essential
- Clean driving record
- Works well with minimal or no supervision, self motivated
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a dynamic environment
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, and goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.