Check out the 2015 Ocean Waves WorkshopOctober 15, 2014
AXYS is once again sponsoring the biennial Ocean Waves Workshop and you are invited!
It will be held Thursday, January 15, 2015, 9:00am-4:00pm at the Oliver St Pé Center at the University of New Orleans.
- Explore recent advances in using wave information to assess sediment transport
- Share & discuss lessons learned and scenarios encountered that relate to waves, tides, storm surge, and nearshore currents
- Provide a forum for scientists, engineers & managers to explore the issues relevant to waves
Call for Papers
We solicit papers, case studies, and participation from researchers, engineers, military officers, and managers. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Wave measurements to support coastal construction
- Numerical studies of waves, currents, and sediment transport
- Sediment model applications with wave observations
- Coastal wave buoys to save lives and protect property
- Accessibility of wave information for scientists, engineers, and managers
Four abstracts will be selected to development into full papers for presentation. All abstracts and papers will be published in a final proceedings along with workshop notes.
Abstracts are due: November 30, 2014
Seating will be limited so please register early!
To view information and final proceedings from previous years, visit http://scholarworks.uno.edu/oceanwaves/
If you have questions regarding the Ocean Waves Workshop, please contact:
Mr. C. Reid Nichols – Marine Information Resources Corp.
Ms. Robin Thomsen – AXYS Technologies Inc