3 Metre Buoy contact us for a quote
The AXYS 3 Metre buoy is a very capable and rugged metocean platform that can be configured with a wide range of sensors for monitoring meteorological, oceanographic and water quality parameters. The 3 Metre buoy’s long term operational life and its substantial reserve capacity make it an excellent offshore metocean platform.
- Battery capacity of 800 amp hours with 330 watts of solar rechargeability provide enough power for optimal performance in the harshest of marine environments.
- Custom configurable with a variety of sensors including, wind speed and direction, air temperature, barometric pressure, wave height, period and direction, currents, etc.
- Uses the WatchMan500™ controller to integrate sensor systems and provide onboard data processing, data logging, telemetry and diagnostic/set up routines.
- Expected service life in excess of 20 years.
A variety of telemetry options are available, including UHF/VHF, Inmarsat IsatData Pro, Iridium, GPRS/HSPA and CDMA/EVDO.
- Climatological data from the western canadian odas marine buoy network
- Development of a real time water quality buoy for the fraser river estuary