Seeking Maryland Marine Service Firms
See full RFQ at this link: AXYS RFQ for New Operating Location v91818
AXYS is looking looking to expand our existing supplier network for our Offshore Wind Resource Assessment business with additional qualified suppliers from local, Maryland-based subcontractors to support an upcoming floating LiDAR measurement campaign. The AXYS FLiDAR WindSentinel will be deployed to a location northeast of Ocean City’s coastline for at least a year starting around January 2019, with local preparation activities to begin in October. To support our FLiDAR campaign, we are seeking a variety of services:
1. Vessel providers to support our floating LiDAR operations, primarily deployment and recovery of the FLiDAR WindSentinel and its mooring, or the transport of personnel for transfer at sea
2. Equipment for managing the FLiDAR WindSentinel, including but not limited to, cranes, stairs, forklifts to be rented at a port convenient to the project location
3. Port-side services to aid with commission, decommissioning and repairs (e.g. welding)
4. Operation coordination to aid with local project coordination of vessels, port space, equipment and personnel
5. Mooring support in the form of mooring design review, component sourcing and certification
6. Field Technicians that could be trained to support onshore commissioning, decommissioning, maintenance and repair port-side
7. Offshore Personnel experienced with offshore deployment and recovery, and/or maintenance at sea
8. Logistics and storage to support the transportation of the FLiDAR WindSentinel and coordinate for receipt and pick-up of goods, deliver parts to site, and provide a storage space for spare parts inventory and tools for the duration of the project
9. Emergency response to support the need for quick recovery or supporting our spill response plan
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RfQ) is to determine if there are adequate qualified local providers that could support AXYS’ floating LiDAR measurement campaign.
Organizations or individuals meeting the mandatory requirements are invited to provide a Response to AXYS which evidences how they meet the required and desired criteria.
Responses should be uploaded to the form (below) as soon as possible. AXYS will begin reviewing responses immediately and will continue the process until adequate responses are received, or until the work is assigned. Responses should be uploaded by October 15th 2018 23:59 PST to be considered for the first round of work.
If you have any questions, please direct those to email@example.com and include the words “MARYLAND RFQ – [Your Company Name]” in the subject line.
Interested parties are asked to prepare a short response that outlines the respondent’s qualifications to meet the requested scope of work.
In your response, please provide the following information:
1. Company Description – include name of business, primary contact information, legal structure, number of employees, years in business
2. Disadvantaged Business Category—please identify if any disadvantaged business category applies (woman/minority/veteran owned) and whether the company is registered as such in Maryland
3. Maryland Local Presence – please confirm whether or not the company has a Maryland presence, and the specific details of that presence (legal entity incorporated in Maryland, physical location, headquarters, solo location, etc.). Please also identify the number of employees physically located in Maryland.
4. Identify which categories you are responding to provide services; one or more of:
- Port side Services
- Operation Coordination
- Field Technicians/Engineers
- Offshore Personnel
- Logistics and/or storage
- Emergency Services
5. Provide specifics about your offered services and how they meet the minimum requirements listed in 4.0, along with the additional specifics requested below:
- For vessels, please also provide vessel specifications, rate schedules, any known black-out dates, and which ports in Maryland that you muster from
- For port-side equipment, also provide lists of available equipment and rate schedules, and which ports in Maryland you can serve
- For coordination services, or personnel for technical or offshore activities, or port-side services (e.g. welding), or mooring support, please provide example bios/resumes and rate schedules
6. Summarize years of experience with the type of services specified in the RFQ and list references, other project examples, or other evidence of proven capacity to deliver the services
7. Provide supporting brochures/specification sheets, sample reports or other relevant materials as evidence of the services offered
8. Provide evidence of certifications, registry, IMCA audits, etc. as appropriate for the service offered
9. Provide your company’s current HSE policy and HSE stats for the last three years