s FLiDAR WindSentinel
AXYS FLiDAR (Floating LiDAR) WindSentinel systems accurately measure wind speed and wind direction offshore at turbine hub-height and across the blade span for cost-effective wind resource assessments.
- 20 commercial deployments for FLiDAR systems globally
- 16 offshore met mast validations
- Data-as-a-Service solution provides reliable and cost effective data collection
- World’s only dual-LiDAR configuration signficantly reduces risk of data outage
- Multiple redundant power supply systems, ensuring long-term operation in the event of failure of one system
- Fail-over telemetry systems ensuring consistent access to the buoy systems and data
- Supports both ZephIR and WINDCUBE LiDARs
- 4-metre polyethylene hull or 6-metre aluminum NOMAD hull options
s Offshore Wind Resource Assessment
The need for accurate offshore wind data is growing rapidly worldwide. Wind farm developers and financers understand that accurate wind data is critical to the overall success of the site, not only in assessing the potential power of the location, but also in the positioning of the wind turbines.
The traditional approach for gathering wind data is to construct a meteorological mast equipped with anemometers. However, in the offshore environment this practice is both difficult and expensive to implement. Floating LiDAR technology is an innovative solution to these problems. The AXYS FLiDAR WindSentinel™ buoys use a LiDAR to measure wind at turbine hub-height to provide accurate and reliable data on wind speed, wind direction, and turbulence. Additional sensors can be integrated onto the buoy to achieve a full environmental assessment of the location.