Junior Cloud Engineer
AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a global leader in developing innovative technologies for a variety of marine focused applications including offshore wind resource assessment, real-time weather forecasting, and environmental monitoring from the tropics to the poles. With over 40 years of experience in the design, manufacture, remote operational management and service of these advanced oceanographic environmental monitoring systems, we have a dedicated team that has a passion for innovation and growth. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices and offers competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
The Product Development department requires a talented Junior Cloud Engineer for our office in Sidney, BC. You will work within a highly talented and motivated team to develop sophisticated environmental monitoring systems for projects world-wide.
- Assist in the design of a new, cloud native platform for managing large scale, global buoy networks.
- Administration of infrastructure and applications in a cloud native environment.
- Assists in the development of web applications and UI for visualizing complex data from meteorological and oceanographic sensors.
- Maintenance and feature implementation of existing software products.
- Write and maintain software and IT documentation.
- Integration and configuration of custom software to meet client specifications.
- Assist in the testing and troubleshooting of existing software systems as required.
- Carries out any other reasonable tasks when requested by their supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Willingness to take responsibility and driven to meet deadlines.
- Great work ethic and the ability to work closely with a team or independently.
- Must have a thorough understanding of UI design principles.
- Commands excellent problem solving and deduction skills.
- Ability to organize complex systems in order to provide clean and intuitive design interfaces.
- 1-2 years of experience in full stack development building cloud native applications.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following:
- C#, Java, Go
- Knowledge of at least one front-end web framework.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with a version control system such as Git or SVN.
- Experience working with ETL pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud native principles such as: elasticity, autoscaling, load balancing, CDNs.
- Ability and desire to work closely with end users to design effective user interfaces.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation and maintainable code.
Other Desirable Skills
- Experience deploying web applications on a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working as part of an Agile team.
- Experience with user authentication and security.
- Experience writing tests and working with continuous integration tools.
- Basic knowledge of data visualization and statistics.
- Experience administering Linux and web servers, or SQL databases.
- Experience with data visualization tools.
How to Apply
If your skills and capabilities match the requirements of the above position, send your resume with references and a cover letter outlining your expectations, goals and related experience relevant to your co-op office.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
See our website for further details:www.axystechnologies.com