Supply Chain Assistant
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 40 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and Renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 50 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company and one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
The Production Team has created a new Supply Chain Assistant position in response to the increased demand in both our Solutions and Wind Assessment product lines. This is a role requiring someone who is extremely motivated, organized and can perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate will work with various supply chain tasks, primarily supporting purchasing and manufacturing by expediting procurement of materials and services, releasing work orders, and logistics by preparing national and international shipping documentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will assist with sourcing, quoting and preparing purchase orders
- You will expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material, value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials
- You will match purchase orders with invoices and forward to accounts for payment processing
- You will prepare supporting shipment documents in accordance with sales orders. You will ensure that the contents of the shipment conform to the most recently approved sales order.
- You will help prepare and package products for shipping locally and internationally.
- You will maintain a strong and professional relationship with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- You will prepare manufacturing work orders to fulfill demand, ensure their completion & closure through the production cycle.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Grade 12 supplemented by APICs courses or three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in the electro-mechanical industry
- Experience processing purchase requisitions, expediting, following up on back orders
- Experience shipping internationally
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with best packing and material handling practices, customs regulations knowledge, etc.
- Familiar with MRP systems and working in an ISO9001 environment
- WHMIS, Forklift and Crane training are an asset
- Experience using fixed and hand shop tools
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail, dependable and adaptable
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume along with: references, a cover letter outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals, and related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
- Samples or descriptions of previous relevant work and projects may be required prior to candidates being selected for interviews.
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.