Payroll AP Clerk
We are seeking an Payroll & AP Clerk to join the AXYS Technologies team. This is a full time role located in Sidney, BC.
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) is an international clean-tech product manufacturing company recognized as a global leader in developing innovative technologies for fascinating markets, including offshore wind energy, real-time weather forecasting, and extreme environmental monitoring from the tropics to the arctic.
AXYS Technologies is a technology firm that sells remote environmental monitoring infrastructure to the marine, ports, off-shore construction, and energy industries. Our buoys/remote sensors and data networks have been used all around the globe for the last 40 years. Most recently, we’ve become the market leader in off-shore wind assessment. The company is poised for growth and needs the right team to get us there. We are seeking to add to our finance team a strong person who is looking for an opportunity to add value and grow their own financial management skills around MNC. This Payroll & AP Clerk position would report to and provide back-up for the Senior Accountant.
Sidney, Canada. Candidates working from other locations will also be considered (Europe, Taiwan) where the candidate has prior successful experience supporting AXYS solutions
- Payroll Processing, Journals Posting, Benefits & RRSP Reconciliations.
- Payables Data entry, Reconciliations and aging report analysis.
- Charging of expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Scheduling and preparing vendor payments (Cheques/Wires) by following three- way matching concept.
- Corporate credit card reconciliation on monthly basis and payment processing.
- Employees expense claims verification and payment processing.
- Manage office supplies orders and payments.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Performing finance reception and courier duties.
- Assisting Controller in month end closing activities.
- Documentation of procedures and participating in internal efficiency initiatives
- Backup for AR.
- Organized, attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills – ability to coordinate with a variety of internal people as well as external ones.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work and focus on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a Accounts Payable including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and month end closing processes.
- Detailed understanding of vendor/inventory transactions and valuation policies
- Preference will be given to those with experience in international business including foreign exchange
- Project costing experience a plus
- Payworks, Intuitive ERP or Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- Public practice experience would be an advantage
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- International tax experience would be valued
The ideal candidate should have accounting/finance certification or graduated degree in Accounting/Finance.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.