The Production Technician role is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing, international clean-tech product manufacturing and service company. AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a recognized global leader in floating LiDAR (FLiDAR) and offshore measurement buoys for the growing Ocean Renewable Energy market, providing its customers with highly accurate and reliable offshore environmental and resource data. The successful candidate must thrive working in diverse and challenging environments with international customers and project teams.
The Production Technician will join the Manufacturing & Supply Chain team in Sidney, BC. This role is hands-on and will focus on electronics & mechanical assembly, system integration and testing, data validation and quality control documentation of all our environmental monitoring systems. We require a mature, well-rounded person with the ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate should share AXYS’ core values, corporate culture, vision and mission and be guided at all times by the goal of maintaining exemplary standards of safety, ethics, behavior, quality, technical merit and professionalism to maintain or enhance the reputation of AXYS.
- Assembles, tests and troubleshoots components, electro-mechanical assemblies and systems at all stages of manufacturing
- Configures and set up systems & components using standard data communications protocols and graphical user interface packages
- Integrates all sub-components into final product, verifies and documents the performance of the system.
- Ensures that the all components meet or exceed Quality Control requirements at all stages of production.
- Liaises with Product Development to transfer new technologies to the Production department
- Assists and recommends manufacturing processes and product improvements
- Maintains testing equipment, perform in-house calibration and advise on equipment requiring repairs or replacements
- Meets and champions daily QHSE standards
- Supports the supply chain team with preparing and kitting work orders and assisting with dismantling and packing systems
- Supports the field operations team as required
Specific Technical Knowledge
- Strong hands on experience in a hi-tech environment using templates, jigs, fixed and hand shop tools to align, fit, and install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies
- Experience with troubleshooting electronic assemblies using electronic test equipment: oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Skilled with mechanical assemblies in verifying dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, applies engineering process when diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems, and apply best practice testing procedures
- Experience with remote instrument control methods: USB, Radio, GPRS, Satellite, RS232/422 and Ethernet
- Experience Soldering PCB including Through Hole, TH, BGA and SMT packages at IPC-610 standards
- Knowledge of computers, peripheral equipment, and related devices
- Experience with control of non-conforming products, root cause analysis and corrective action principles
- Ability to work with engineers to develop and document set up and test procedures.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions
- Ability to repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance, quality and attention to detail in a dynamic environment
- Thrives in a demanding role and multi-tasking environment, where priorities change continually and deadlines are critical
- Strong communication skills (verbal and in-writing)
- Committed to quality control and familiar with ISO9001-2015, ISO14001, ISO45001 Standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent time management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Commitment to continuous learning and application of new knowledge and skills
Experience and Certifications Requirements:
- Electronics/Mechanical Technologist diploma or equivalent is required,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of complex electro-mechanical systems integration and testing
- Knowledge of Remote Environmental Data Collection Systems, specific knowledge of ocean science/ocean monitoring is an asset
- Ability to qualify for OGUK off-shore medical certificate standard of fitness
- Forklift, crane and/or first aid, training will be an asset
- Language fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French is an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.