Intermediate Cloud Software Developer
Form to Apply is at https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 45 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 80 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company and one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
AXYS Technologies has an exciting opportunity to join the team that is developing platforms and software solutions that serve clients all around the world. AXYS is seeking a software professional in cloud and virtual infrastructure and applications.
The Intermediate Cloud Software Developer will work with the development team to continue to build out the cloud infrastructure, firmware, platform and tools to support our production solutions and both internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have an engineering mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems. In this role you will enjoy continuously learning new technologies, applying innovation to tackle the most difficult of technical challenges, and collaborating with a multi-discipline team. We are looking for individuals willing to bring new technologies and processes to our team, while providing world-class support to our internal/external clients.
- Design and development of a cloud native platform for managing large scale, global buoy IoT networks.
- Design and development of web applications and UI for visualizing complex data from meteorological and oceanographic sensors.
- Maintain production data pipelines bridging remotely deployed assets to cloud servers, to client facing portals.
- Assist with test procedures, aid with automation and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of legacy desktop application software.
- Assist in the testing and troubleshooting of existing software systems as required
- Integration and configuration of custom software to meet client specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and driven to meet deadlines.
- Great work ethic and the ability to work closely with a team or independently.
- Must have a thorough understanding of UI design principles.
- Commands excellent problem solving and deduction skills.
- Ability to organize complex systems in order to provide clean and intuitive design interfaces.
- Strong systems, development, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with others on large projects.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable products.
Desired Technical Skills & Experience:
- Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of software development experience
- 2-3 years of experience working in a public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with Agile programming methodologies and experience working within an Agile team.
- Experience hosting and participating in design reviews
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and maintaining IoT data pipeline and ETL architectures
- Experience with IoT communication stacks and protocols such as MQTT
- Experience programming in Python, C++/C and/or C#.
- Experience with DevOps best practices, infrastructure as code technologies and configuration automation tools
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux Development Environments
- Experience with service-oriented application development and change management
- Experience with source control tools and best practices
Note: If you are missing any of the above experience requirements but you believe you are the candidate for this position, we still want to hear from you. Please include a learning plan in your application. At AXYS, we believe that hiring smart dedicated professionals with the right attitude and outlook is paramount.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.