Chief Operating Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to lead operations at a fast growing, international clean-tech product manufacturing and service company. AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a recognised global leader in developing innovative technologies for the emerging Ocean Renewable Energy market, providing its customers with highly accurate and reliable offshore environmental and resource data. The successful candidate will thrive working in diverse and challenging environments with international customer’s and project teams.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be based in Sidney, BC reporting to AXYS’ President & CEO. The COO is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to the company as it navigates the challenges of rapid growth and business transformation to large asset leasing. The incumbent will drive excellence through continuous improvements and support all aspects of AXYS Technologies’ operations.
The successful candidate should share AXYS’ core values, corporate culture, vision and mission and be guided at all times by the goal of maintaining exemplary standards of ethics, behavior, quality, technical merit and professionalism so as to maintain or enhance the reputation of AXYS.
- Accountable to the CEO to provide overall direction, planning, and coordination for all operational management aspects of the company.
- Create robust objective plans for new business/customer ventures to include early stages of relationship building to the implementation of an overall master plan, while staying within the parameters of the company’s strategic direction.
- Coordinate and oversee the operational plans of all new initiatives from the point of initial concept through to the completion; ensure they stay on target and within the timelines established.
- In collaboration with the CEO develop operational goals for all functions of the business including Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Services, Human Resources and Administration.
- In collaboration with the CEO and CFO, translate Board of Directors (BOD) strategies, decisions and initiatives into actionable, quantitative and achievable plans.
- Manage internal contributors to ensure measurable performance timelines are established to support the company’s strategies and growth plans.
- Manage all inter-departmental communications with regards to all upcoming initiatives; ensure various departments stay informed of new developments, status of the implementation stages/updates in order to facilitate ongoing cooperation, crossover of job functions and efficient business practices.
- Direct and manage the company’s relationships with external partners including consultants, vendors, distributors, engineers and other business associates.
- Work in collaboration with the CEO and COO to develop annual operations budgets, and to create preliminary business case proposals that support new business with specific operational execution and delivery plans
- Ensure that the company complies with all Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) regulatory requirements; identify and manage any areas of risk.
- Ensure operational records meet the requirements of customer, regulatory entities and with the company’s internal policies and procedures.
- Lead the implementation and execution of best practices, create consistency and facilitate collaboration with direct reports and across the organization.
- Minimum ten years of experience at a COO or Senior Operational Leadership role; preference given for experience in high tech Product Manufacturing, ideally in the Off-Shore Ocean Renewables, Oil and Gas or Construction market sector
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering or equivalent.
- Highly entrepreneurial, with a proven track record in growing new business
- Excellent leadership and people skills, with experience collaborating in an ethnically, culturally and geographically diverse and dynamic multi-disciplinary team of professional and technical staff
- Solid understanding of business functions in high tech Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Services, Human Resources and Administration.
- Experience conducting business internationally, including HSE regulatory compliance, contracting services, import/export of products, insurance, permit application, contracting, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading strategic change management initiatives impacting people, process, and procedures.
- Critical thinker with an aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including creativity and flexibility
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Enthusiastic, positive, innovative and collaborative.
- Proven ability to negotiate, build collaborative relationships and strong, enduring partnerships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills; must have strong verbal and written communication skills, ideally in more than one language.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating effective processes to improve cost effective efficiencies.
- Flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to negotiate, build collaborative relationships and strong, enduring partnerships with stakeholders at all levels within the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
If your skills and capabilities match the requirements of the above position, send your resume with references and a cover letter outlining your expectations, goals and related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.