Chief Financial Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the financial team at a fast growing, international clean-tech product manufacturing and service company. AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a recognised global leader in developing innovative technologies for the emerging Ocean Renewable Energy market, providing its customers with highly accurate and reliable offshore environmental and resource data. The successful candidate will thrive working in diverse and challenging environments with international customer’s and project teams.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be based in Sidney, BC reporting to AXYS’ President & CEO. The CFO is responsible for providing strategic and financial leadership to the company as it navigates the financial challenges of rapid growth and business transformation to large asset leasing. The incumbent will drive excellence through continuous improvements and support all aspects of AXYS Technologies’ financial management activities.
The successful candidate should share AXYS’ core values, corporate culture, vision and mission and be guided at all times by the goal of maintaining exemplary standards of ethics, behavior, quality, technical merit and professionalism so as to maintain or enhance the reputation of AXYS.
- Accountable to the CEO and the Board of Directors (BOD) to provide overall direction, planning, and coordination for all financial management aspects of the company
- Work in collaboration with CEO and Board of Directors (BOD) to establish financial strategies and growth plans for the company
- Develop financial goals with measurable performance timelines to support the company’s business and growth strategies
- Create preliminary business case proposals that support new business with projected sales forecasting, revenues, earnings and cash flow
- Direct and manage strong working relationships with external partners including consultants, vendors, distributors and other business associates
- Manage budgeting and cash flow analysis for various projects, products and services by providing direction and feedback to appropriate parties in order to ensure the company’s goals and action plans are being met
- Develop financial forecasting plans for all new products and service offerings, monitor from the initial stage through to the completion to ensure they stay within the established budgets and meet target margins and return on investment
- Oversee tax planning and all aspects of account management
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Financial Institutes
- Develop and maintain the annual operations budget
- Prepare and present quarterly financial reports for presentation at Board meetings
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements; identify and manage any areas of risk
- Ensure financial records meet the requirements of auditors and government entities
- Lead the implementation and execution of best practices, create consistency and facilitate collaboration with direct reports and across the organization
- Manage and provide direction to a team of financial and administrative staff
- Participate in all Board meetings
- Degree in Finance or Accounting with an Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) required
- Ten+ years’ experience in a Senior Financial or Accounting role with preference given for experience in the high-tech product, services or manufacturing industries
- Experience conducting business internationally, including contracting services, import/export of products, VAT recovery, insurance, permit application, contracting, etc.
- Experience with capital and financial management for high value asset leasing
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and managing equity and capital investments
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating effective processes to improve cost effective efficiencies
- Flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Proven ability to negotiate, build collaborative relationships and strong, enduring partnerships with stakeholders at all levels within the community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Simply Accounting
How to Apply
If your skills and capabilities match the requirements of the above position, send your resume with references and a cover letter outlining your expectations, goals and related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.