Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Apply Now: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for 40 years. We manufacture and service offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring and process control. We serve a global market with international experience in Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Australia and The United States. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices and offers competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
With excellent organizational skills, the primary responsibility of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist will be to assist the Finance team to ensure the proper and accurate entry and coding of accounting related transactions, invoices, expense reports, and the timely submission of customer invoices, vendor payments and cash receipts. The successful Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist will be highly proficient in coding invoices to multiple cost centers conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system and excellent at applying payments accurately. Strong internal and external facing communication skills is required to understand purchases, invoices and payments for proper allocation and reporting. Additional responsibilities for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist include the following:
Victoria, BC preferred, but open to up to 100% remote
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assists with the processing of month end accruals for monthly financial reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Prepare and send all customer billing.
- Produce the monthly aging report.
- Respond to customer billing inquiries, resend bills, and send collection emails.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 – 2 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial systems
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: https://axystechnologies.com/careers/
Samples/Descriptions of previous relevant work and projects may be required prior to candidates being selected for interviews.
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.