WindSentinel contact us for a quote
The WindSentinel™ is a wind resource assessment buoy that uses LiDAR to accurately measure wind speed and wind direction offshore at turbine hub-height and across the blade span.
- ±20 metre range gate probe depth allows for real-world measurements from 30m to 200m.
- Uses the Vindicator® III, a simultaneous pulse LiDAR specifically designed to accurately measure wind from a moving platform.
- The LiDAR uses three fixed beams to take measurements at six range gates.Uses the WatchMan500™ controller to integrate sensor systems and provide onboard data processing, data logging, telemetry and diagnostic/set up routines.
- Two-way capability allows remote system management, including configuration and diagnostics to all onboard systems and data in real time.
- Sensors and components have been engineered into the AXYS NOMAD buoy: a well proven proprietary platform designed to perform in extreme offshore marine environments.
- A variety of telemetry options are available, including UHF/VHF, Inmarsat IsatData Pro, Iridium, GPRS/HSPA and CDMA/EVDO.
- A Floating LiDAR Roadmap - Implications for Offshore Wind
- Developing a Buoy-Based Offshore Wind Resource Assessment System
- Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator roadmap for the commercial acceptance of floating LIDAR technology
- Development of a value engineered NOMAD buoy
- Investigating the Efficacy of Floating LIDAR Motion Compensation
- WindSentinel Technical Update No. 1 - Initial deployments - November 2011
- WindSentinel Technical Update No. 2 - Lake Michigan 2012
- WindSentinel Technical Update No. 3 - Hurricane Sandy - October and November 2012
- WindSentinel Technical Update No.4 - Vindicator Validation
- Measurement of winds and waves from a NOMAD buoy in high seastates
- GVSU WindSentinel Deployment
- Research Buoy Ready for Mid-lake Challenge
- Race Rocks WindSentinel Deployment
- WindSentinel at Sea
- Andrie Specialized Launches WindSentinel Buoy