TRIAXYS with Currents Buoy contact us for a quote
The TRIAXYS™ with Currents Buoy measures both directional waves and a 3D water column profile of ocean currents in real time. The buoy is based on the proven TRIAXYS™ Directional Wave buoy platform, but has been modified to allow the integration of a current profiler in a downward facing configuration.
- Uses custom Nortek Aquadopp & Teledyne RDI Workhorse ADCP’s and has a modular design allowing for ADCP swapping and easy replacement
- The ADCP provides current speed & direction from user configurable sample periods in up to 128 layers of the water column
- Provides continuous wave sampling, support for any telemetry, up to 10 Hz motion sampling and up to 32GB (>5 years) of data logging capacity.
- The WatchMan500 processor integrates sensor systems and provides onboard data processing, data logging, telemetry, and diagnostic/set up routines.
- Power is derived from 4 rechargeable batteries connected to solar panels
- Standard mooring configurations specially designed for wave and current buoys are available for water depths up to 300m.
- A variety of telemetry options are available, including UHF/VHF, Inmarsat IsatData Pro, Iridium, GPRS/HSPA and CDMA/EVDO.
- Can be configured with AIS Aid to Navigation to broadcast buoy position and weather information to local vessel traffic