NOMAD Buoy contact us for a quote
The AXYS NOMAD is a unique aluminum environmental monitoring buoy designed for deployments in extreme conditions. The NOMAD (Navy Oceanographic Meteorological Automatic Device) is a modified version of the 6m hull originally designed in the 1940’s for the U.S. Navy’s offshore data collection program. It has been operating in Canada’s Weather Buoy network for over 25 years and commonly experiences winter storms and hurricanes with wave heights approaching 20m.
- Custom configurable with a wide range of sensors for monitoring meteorological, oceanographic and water quality parameters.
- A watertight central compartment houses the electronics payload, and there are two masts for mounting meteorological sensors, telemetry hardware, solar panels and obstruction lights.
- Uses the WatchMan500™ controller to integrate sensor systems and provide onboard data processing, data logging, telemetry and diagnostic/set up routines.
- A variety of telemetry options are available, including UHF/VHF, Inmarsat IsatData Pro, Iridium, GPRS/HSPA and CDMA/EVDO.
- Development of a value engineered NOMAD buoy
- Measurement of winds and waves from a NOMAD buoy in high seastates
- Storm Wave Studies
- Climatological data from the western canadian odas marine buoy network