The Shipping Expediter role is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing, international clean-tech product manufacturing and service company. AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a recognized global leader in floating LiDAR (FLiDAR) and offshore measurement buoys for the growing Ocean Renewable Energy market, providing its customers with highly accurate and reliable offshore environmental and resource data. The successful candidate must thrive working in diverse and challenging environments with international customers and project teams.
The Shipping Expediter will join the Supply Chain Team in Sidney, BC. to support the increased demand in both our Solutions and Wind Assessment product lines. This is a role requiring someone who is extremely motivated, organized and can cope well under pressure. The ideal candidate will work under the Logistics Coordinator supervision supporting the shipping and logistics tasks, packaging products and preparing the corresponding shipping documentation.
The successful candidate should share AXYS’ core values, corporate culture, vision and mission and be guided at all times by the goal of maintaining exemplary standards of safety, ethics, behavior, quality, technical merit and professionalism to maintain or enhance the reputation of AXYS.
• Prepare supporting shipment documents in accordance with sales orders. You will ensure that the contents of the shipment conform to the most recently approved sales order
• Responsible for organizing carriers for pick-up and delivery
• Prepare and package products for shipping locally and internationally
• Coordinate and perform loading and unloading of trucks
• Ensure all orders are processed correctly and shipped on time
• Negotiate freight contracts with carriers that best benefits the company
• Work closely with carriers to ensure effective execution of delivery appointments
• Communicate with various team members on shipping schedules and deliveries
• Coordinate back end management of proof of delivery and carrier invoices
• Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documentation supporting orders fulfillments
• Maintain a strong and professional relationship with suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Grade 12 supplemented by APICs courses or three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in the electro-mechanical industry
• Experience shipping internationally
• Knowledge of supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures
• Experience with best packing and material handling practices, customs regulations knowledge, etc.
• Familiar with MRP systems and working in an ISO9001 environment
• WHMIS, Forklift and Crane training are an asset
• Experience using fixed and hand shop tools
• Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a dynamic environment.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills
• Strong attention to detail, dependable and adaptable
• Must have a valid BC Drivers license
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.