AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 40 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and Renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 50 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company and one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
AXYS is poised for growth and needs the right team to get us there. We are seeking to add to our finance team a strong person who is looking for an opportunity to add value and grow their own financial management skills around MNC. This Senior Accountant position would report to and provide back-up for the Controller.
- Ensure compliance with payroll remittances, file or review PST and GST filings, WCB
- Invoicing for services, leasing contracts and sales of equipment, including monthly statements and collections follow up with customers.
- Develop credit approval processes
- EDC reporting
- Posting bank and credit card deposits
- Maintenance of fixed asset register (Addition/Deletion/Depreciation).
- Support Controller to prepare cash flows and budgets/Rolling Forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly Inventory Reconciliation and Annual Physical Count.
- Financial modelling, Reporting and Analysis.
- Responding to a variety of Stats Canada questionnaires
- Other duties including related projects
- Documentation of procedures and participating in internal efficiency initiatives
- Backup for Controller, AP and Payroll
- Organized, attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills – ability to coordinate with a variety of internal people as well as external ones
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll including all government remittances
- Detailed understanding of inventory transactions and valuation policies
- Preference will be given to those with experience in international business including foreign exchange
- Project costing experience a plus
- Intuitive ERP or Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- Public practice experience would be an advantage
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- International tax experience would be valued
- The ideal candidate should be enrolled in, or graduated from the CPA program
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.