AXYS Technologies is recruiting for an experienced Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator (QHSE Coordinator) based in Sidney, British Columbia and serving our global operations.
The QHSE Coordinator reports directly to the CEO. You will assist the CEO and Management team in defining and promoting the necessity of maintaining a safe working culture, quality outcomes, and environmental soundness in all aspects of the business globally. This includes developing, implementing and maintaining agreed QHSE and other operating standards across the Company. You will be working as part of an integrated team guiding and providing advice to Field HSE/Operations Leads, Project & Contract Coordinators, Service and Technical Staff, Production and Supply Chain teams, Service Networks and Client site/HSE representatives.
Travel and Work Hours: Position is based in Sidney, BC with travel to the US, Europe and Asia and other future theaters of operations.
The job holder will occasionally be required to work outside of normal business hours on remote sites, and should be trained, certified and willing to conduct HSE reviews and oversee occasional operations off-shore. This is a hands-on role for someone who wants to be immersed in all aspects of Quality and HSE in a growing firm.
• With the CEO and Management Team, develop Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and procedures to support AXYS strategic plans
• Communicate AXYS QHSE vision and values, procedures and policies to AXYS Staff, Suppliers, and Customers
• Provide advice to the various departments on safe, efficient systems of work that deliver improvements to service levels and enhance environmental and health and safety performance
• Develop, measure, maintain and continually improve AXYS QHSE plan and system, incorporating relevant policies and procedures, ensuring documentation is concise, meets applicable legislative and other requirements and is kept up to date
• Work with operating staff on the maintenance and on-going development of AXYS Quality Plan, Emergency Procedures Manual, Oil Spill Response Plan and other emergency and contingency plans and documentation. Aid project Coordinators and field operations in the preparation and internal review of HSE plans, Emergency Response Plans, Lifting plans, RAMS and other QHSE documentation for on-shore and off-shore operations
• With the HSE Lead and other Department Coordinators, ensure staff are familiar with these procedures, monitor and report on compliance against these. Manage AXYS personnel training requirements, including undertaking staff inductions, maintaining computerized records, arranging revalidation of certificates, identifying best training methods and advising on training to meet new or changing legislative or other requirements
• Provide support to the sales team in elaborating on our QHSE procedures as required to respond to tenders and prospective client questions. In some cases, provide support during tender selection interviews as our in-house QHSE expert
• Provide direct guidance to the Field Operations HSE Lead and Individual Trip HSE Leads to reinforce HSE policies and practices
• Carry out and assist with Accident/Incident Investigations, report on same and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
• Assist with the investigation and reporting of complaints made to the Company and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
• Participate, advise, arrange and/or co-ordinate meetings relating to QHSE Systems Management, including the Safety Committee, and ensure action lists and minutes are prepared, distributed, and follow-up on in a timely fashion
• Manage identified QHSE initiatives to achieve control, monitor and implement QHSE in line with AXYS policies and procedures
• Keep informed of legislations, codes of practice, marine guidance notes and safe working practices, seeking internal/external advice where necessary; and ensuring the HSEQ Management system is updated to reflect changes across all Theatres of Operation
• Maintain, develop and continually improve AXYS QHSE Management System in accordance with relevant quality, local and international regulations, other major maritime standards, and any other requirements placed upon the Company
• Coordinate with Project Coordinators and other relevant positions to maintain a contract risk register, reviewing QHSE risks and escalating where appropriate
• Support the development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE Standards and the relevance to business objectives. Ensure and arrange the provision of fundamental Health & Safety training to all staff as required. With the HSE Lead, ensure off-shore specific trainings and certifications are kept up-to-date
• Assist Executive Management with identifying risks to the business and strategies to manage these. Develop Business Continuity Plans for all Service streams and participate in any table top or live exercises to test the plans. Ensure that crisis management programs exist to address known risk conditions. Ensure that all necessary fire, emergency and/or spill response drills/exercises are carried out
• Collect, compile and produce reports and statistics on AXYS QHSE performance, interpreting and recommending practical solutions to senior management that enhance service delivery and meet requirements placed on the Company. Advise management of trends in noncompliance and provide recommendations as appropriate to support and provide focus for driving positive behaviors and culture within the business
• Provide analysis and advice on appropriate quality system certifications for the company to pursue
• Maintain quality, safety and environmental systems for production, operations, engineering and field operations; implement and audit to achieve compliance with ISO 9001, and other selected certifications
• With Field Operations, Project Coordinators and Supply Chain Management, support the oversight and management of solution and service supply chains to AXYS QHSE standards through audit and review of vendors operating practice and systems
• For AXYS and Vendor audits, manage the audit preparation, assign internal auditors for internal audit programs, liaise with external auditors, ensure audits are carried out effectively, and assist the Management team in closing non-conformances and recommendations found through audits
• Ensure appropriate resources are provided to support a compliant business and to identify any systemic weaknesses.
• Undertake special projects under the direction of the Chief Executive and/or Deputy Chief Executive and any other duties as required
Essential Experience & Skills:
• Experienced Coordinator with experience of service delivery and/or QHSE in one or more off-shore industries
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent
• Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practices and appropriate industry specific qualifications (NEBOSH & IEMA, Auditor Training)
• Experience of implementing and maintaining QHSE systems across an Operating business
• Role Model for Managing Change and good analytical skills
• Previous experience of managing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships
• Excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office
• IEMA Diploma or equivalent
• Formal quality training -prefer IQA qualification
• Commercial understanding of manufacturing, data services and project management processes
• Vessel Audit experience
• Speaks English plus one or more languages (e.g. French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Polish, Cantonese or Mandarin)
• Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively
• Good personal organization skills
• Good listening and communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Team Player
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, and goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.