Junior Production Technician
The Junior Production Technician role is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing, international clean-tech product manufacturing and service company. AXYS Technologies (AXYS) is a recognized global leader in floating LiDAR (FLiDAR) and offshore measurement buoys for the growing Ocean Renewable Energy market, providing its customers with highly accurate and reliable offshore environmental and resource data. The successful candidate must thrive working in diverse and challenging environments with international customers and project teams.
The Junior Production Technician will join the Production Team in Sidney, BC. This role is hands-on and will focus on the assembly, integration, testing and documentation of our environmental monitoring systems. We require a mature, well-rounded person with the ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The successful candidate should share AXYS’ core values, corporate culture, vision and mission and be guided at all times by the goal of maintaining exemplary standards of safety, ethics, behavior, quality, technical merit and professionalism to maintain or enhance the reputation of AXYS.
• Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and other tools
• Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools
• Repair, rework, and calibrate assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances
• Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
• Participating in all ISO9001 quality processes that pertain to the position
• Liaise with Product Development to transfer new technologies to Production
• Recommend changes to product documentation as required
• Assist and recommend manufacturing processes improvements
• Maintain testing equipment, perform in-house calibration and advise on equipment requiring repairs or replacements
• Support the supply chain team with preparing and kitting work orders and assisting with dismantling and packing systems
• Mechanical/Electronics Technologist diploma or equivalent is required, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in electro-mechanical systems integration and testing
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions is a requirement
• Experienced with schematics and electronics assembly and testing
• Strong hands on experience in a hi-tech environment using fixed and hand shop tools
• Maintaining quality and attention to detail while working in a dynamic environment is mandatory
• Familiar with ISO9001 processes
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
• Excellent time management, organizational, and leadership skills
• Commitment to continuous learning and application of new knowledge and skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of performance in a dynamic environment
• Experience in inventory control, shipping processes, production and scheduling will be an asset
• Forklift and/or crane training will be an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.