Intermediate Accountant – Sidney BC
We are seeking an Intermediate level Accountant to join the AXYS Technologies team. This is a full time role located in Sidney, BC.
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) is an international clean-tech product manufacturing company recognized as a global leader in developing innovative technologies for fascinating markets, including offshore wind energy, real-time weather forecasting, and extreme environmental monitoring from the tropics to the arctic.
Reporting to the Controller, the Intermediate Accountant is responsible for supporting day to day accounting functions, including, accounts receivable and general accounting, ensuring effective, efficient, and accurate financial operations.
Maintains and balances various general ledger accounts by verifying, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
Assist in the weekly and monthly cashflow forecasting
• Assisting with the preparation of the management accounts
• Financial modeling and cash flow forecasting
• General ledger account analysis and reconciliations
• Accounts receivable, including sales order and invoice creation
• Variance analysis
• Project accounting
• Supporting the Financial Controller and senior management
• Improving accounting processes and systems
• Ad hoc assignments
• 3 -5 years of experience in finance required
• Enrolled in the CPA program
• Experience with project accounting
• Able to prepare data for presentation to senior management
• Capable of complex reconciliations
• Advanced analysis skills
• Experience with an ERP accounting system
• Experience with Aptean Inuitive ERP, an asset
• Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Comfortable working independently as well as with a diverse and geographically disparate team
• Maintain a friendly and professional demeanor at all times
• Manage themselves in a productive manner
• Be a motivated and enthusiastic team contributor
• Ability to exercise good judgment & show initiative
To apply on this exciting opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.