Field Services Technician
Apply Now: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for 40 years. We manufacture and service offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring and process control. We serve a global market with international experience in Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Australia and The United States. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices and offers competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
AXYS Customer Support and Services Department is responsible with providing its customers with both technical and non technical support, and is committed to deliver the highest level of customer service for all AXYS products. Reporting to the Technical Services Lead, the Service Technician will have a mandate to provide technical support to customers for AXYS related products and services. This is a field based with extensive travel during peak periods. Office work includes preparing and closing out field operations, and supporting active cases and other support initiatives.
Technical Services Lead
Sidney, Canada. Candidates working from other locations will also be considered (Europe, Taiwan) where the candidate has prior successful experience supporting AXYS solutions
• Field Operations: Conduct operations directly in the field to complete commissioning, deployment and recovery, and in the field trouble shooting of AXYS solutions.
• Product Repairs: To perform in field repairs or upgrades to AXYS products. Some in-house repairs and upgrades may also be required.
• Case Management: Technical support to customers. Documents each case within the company process and system, ensure all cases are completed to customer satisfaction.
• Technical documentation: To produce technical bulletins, technical reports or work instructions as required.
• Professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers
• Ability to work self-directed and within a team
• Analytical mind, highly organized and detail-oriented , with Strong project management skills
• Thrives in a demanding role and multi-tasking environment, where priorities change continually and deadlines are critical
• Ability to produce high quality work plans and technical documentation
• Skilled with reading engineering diagrams
• Strong technical problem-solving skills, applies engineering process when diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems, and apply best practice testing procedures
Specific Technical Knowledge
• Knowledge of Remote Environmental Data Collection Systems, specific knowledge of ocean science/ocean monitoring is an asset
• Experienced understanding environmental data with respect to system performance.
• Experienced with digital and analog sensor technologies
• Knowledge of communication protocol (TCP, Serial-RS232/422, USB)
• Knowledge of communication systems: Radio Links (VHF, UHF), Satellite telemetry (INMARSAT, Iridium, GOES), Cellular, Bluetooth
• Knowledge of electrical circuitry and data logging technology
• Skilled with mechanical assembly
• Knowledge of web
• Knowledge of IT Service Management principles and practices is an asset
• Proficient using MS Office Suite, Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Specific knowledge of Salesforce and Sharepoint preferred
Experience and Certification Requirements:
• At least 5 years in a customer support/technician role, working in a fast-paced technology/manufacturing environment
• Technologist or equivalent form of technical/electronics certification
• Ability to qualify for off-shore medical certificate commiserate with Oil & Gas UK Medical Certificate
• Valid BOSIET, GWO Sea Survival, GWO First Aid, Off-shore Medical Certificate are an asset. If not already certified, need to be physically able to be certified as part of job training
• Language fluency in Spanish and/or Mandarin is an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
Samples/Descriptions of previous relevant work and projects may be required prior to candidates being selected for interviews.
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.