Cloud Software Engineer
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has specialized in advanced marine based technology products and services for over 40 years. AXYS manufactures and services offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring, process control and renewable offshore energy assessment. We serve a global market with clients in over 50 countries worldwide. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is a Gold Level Green Business certified company and one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices, offering competitive compensation and benefits to its staff.
AXYS Technologies has an exciting opportunity to join the team that is developing platforms and software solutions that serve clients all around the world. AXYS is seeking a software engineering expert in cloud and virtual infrastructure.
The Cloud Software Engineer will work with development team to continue to build out the cloud infrastructure, firmware, platform and tools to support our production solutions and both internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will be a self starter, have an engineering mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems. In this role you will enjoy continuously learning new technologies, applying innovation to tackle the most difficult of technical challenges, and collaborating with a multi-discipline team. We are looking for individuals willing to bring new technologies and processes to our team, while providing world-class support to our internal/external clients.
- Design, develop, and maintain features in a full stack web application utilizing cloud and virtual infrastructures.
- Maintain legacy desktop application software.
- Maintain production data pipelines bridging remotely deployed assets to cloud servers, to client facing portals.
- Assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Assist with the design and implementation of cloud-based development/test/operational environments.
- Contribute to the evolution and refinement of the development process– Select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; Establish metrics.
- Develop and maintain code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assist with test procedures, aid with automation and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Support software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Performs software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshoots software issues.
- Assist in maintenances and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure delivery of high-quality products.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Computer Science degree or related experience
- 3 years of experience in the areas of development, automation, and systems administration
- 2-3 years of experience working in a public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP, supporting both JSON and XML
- Experience designing and maintaining data pipeline architectures
- Experience with RPC systems utilizing IDLs such as Protocol Buffers
- Managing networks using orchestration such as vSphere, Cloudstack, or Openstack.NET, particularly Microsoft Azure and/or Java
- Experience programming in C#. Also desirable is experience with Python and C
- A solid understanding of cloud concepts is a must, experience with Azure and or AWS
- Experience with infrastructure automation, preferably Terraform
- Experience with configuration management systems, preferably Ansible
- Experience managing large scale databases
- Strategies for handling database schema in source code
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux Environments
- TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, GRE.
- Network virtualization hypervisors on VMware, KVM, Virtual Box, or Xen
- Familiarity with Agile programming methodologies and experience working within an Agile team.
- Service-oriented application development
- Experience with source control tools and best practices
- Strong systems, development, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with others on large projects
- Deliver high quality, sustainable products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong team leadership skills are required
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://axystechnologies.com/careers/
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.